COVID19 Safety Plan
CrossFit Chilliwack – Updated – for Low-Intensity Group Classes
COVID Safety Plan
1. CrossFit Chilliwack will have a CrossFit-certified Coach present for all CrossFit classes and will continue this best practice. Yoga classes are led by a certified Yoga Teacher. The individual workout areas will be designated and marked. Only athletes registered for the class and a coach will be permitted to have access to the designated class areas. Disinfectant and wipes will be available in each individual workout area. Coaches and instructors will ensure that disinfection of the workout area and equipment is being performed after each use.
2. CrossFit Chilliwack previously capped classes at 14 athletes per each side of the gym on weekdays and 20 during the Saturday Partner WOD.
This cap has been markedly reduced to facilitate the requirement that athletes remain 2.5 metres from one another while working out. To give everyone the best opportunity to workout when they need to workout, all athletes will be required to register for their class session online in advance – it will be helpful to book early – this will be limited to up to 48 hours in advance.
CrossFit Chilliwack is comprised of two (2) sides within the gym. Registrations will be capped to a maximum of eight (8) participants for all classes so four (4) athletes can attend in each side of the gym.
We will not be able to host any partner WOD’s. Drop-ins will not be permitted.
Open Gym will not be available during other class times. If there is an open space and with coach permission, an experienced athlete may do their own workout during a class.
Full Open Gym may be offered based upon staff availability and scheduling.
Each athlete will be assigned their own designated workout area under and in front of the four-foot sections of the pull-up rigs. There are four (4) of these designated positions on each side of the gym. Athletes will only use the washroom on their designated side of the gym.
The coach will run the class and there will one other person allowed in the gym for a maximum of ten (10) persons in the facility at any one time. Pets will not be permitted at this time.
Classes will be scheduled with 15 minutes between them to allow; a 5-minute exit after class and a 10-minute period during which no athletes will be in the gym to allow for cleaning and disinfection of the facility prior to the next class. Incoming athletes are requested to wait outside until signalled by the attending instructor.
To allow for better airflow the overhead doors will be opened when the weather cooperates. It’s recommended that attending athletes dress accordingly. If the doors are open access will be controlled with a barrier.
3. Signs will be posted:
- to notify patrons that they must not enter if they have symptoms of COVID-19 (see #4 below).
- to make athletes aware of the two-metre physical distancing requirements and enhanced sanitation procedures
- to remind athletes to wipe equipment with disinfectant and wipes after each use.
CrossFit Chilliwack has printed the below-noted signs as provided by Fraser Health and you’ll see these signs posted:
- Do Not Visit if Unwell poster
- Physical Distancing poster
- Hand Hygiene Poster
4. CrossFit ChilliwacK coaches will screen arriving athletes and ask the following questions:
- Do you have any of the following symptoms: fever, chills, cough, shortness of breath, sore throat and painful swallowing, stuffy or runny nose, loss of sense of smell, headache, muscle aches, fatigue or loss of appetite.
- Are you, or anyone you are living with, either sick, self-isolating, or quarantined?
Anyone who answers ‘yes’ to the questions above, will not be permitted to enter the facility. It is recommended that anyone with symptoms of COVID-19 call 8-1-1 for guidance.
5. CrossFit Chilliwack will manage the entry points and provide attendees with visible queues that encourage physical distancing. Please notice the blue or green tape on the floor at entrances to mark the 2.5-metre intervals and also designate the individual athlete areas.
6. Coaches, instructors and staff must also self-monitor for symptoms of COVID-19 and those who have symptoms of the illness must not work and need to self-isolate and contact their care provider. Please notify management if you feel ill and do not come to the gym.
7. CrossFit Chilliwack will use on online payment, registration and check-in systems.
Athletes are requested to please sign in and record your performances using the Wodify app on your own device rather the the computer at the gym. The computer monitor and keyboard will be moved away from the entrance to mitigate contact. Athletes will not be permitted to sign in using CrossFit’s keyboard.
Athletes are requested to read and acknowledge the screening questions noted in #4 which will be posted as announcements within the registration process and not register for a class if they answer “yes” to any of the questions.
8. Hand sanitizer will be provided at each entrance.
9. CrossFit Chilliwack verifies that the disinfectant(s) used are effective against COVID-19.
To do this we’ve done the following:
- Used the list on Health Canada’s website to identify if a disinfectant has been reviewed and confirmed to be effective against SARS-CoV-2.
- This product is: Dustbane Oxy-Q DIN: 02457148.
To ensure this disinfectant is used according to manufacturer’s directions the directions that are posted on the container are read and followed.
Made a 500 parts per million chlorine disinfectant solution using bleach and water. (To make a solution of this concentration: mix 1 part bleach to 99 parts water (e.g. mix 10 ml bleach (5.25 per cent) with 990 ml water)
Put this chlorine disinfectant solution into each of the spray bottles for daily use. These bottles are labeled with the contents.
10. Disinfectant in a spray bottle and paper towels will be located in each designated workout area so athletes can conveniently access and use it. All athletes will be required to spray the equipment then wipe down the equipment with the disinfectant before and after use.
11. Any equipment to be used in each athletes’ designated workout area will be placed suitably to achieve a minimum of 2.5 metre distance between users while they are working out.
12. All athletes will be encouraged to conduct their workout and exit the facility without unnecessary delay.
13. CrossFit Group class participants are to remain 2.5 metres from one another while they are working out and two metres apart at all other times while they’re in the gym.
14. Members are encouraged to arrive at the gym in workout clothes and to avoid using washrooms and cubbies on site. When washrooms or cubbies are used, a disinfectant spray or wipes will be available for patrons to disinfect contact surfaces before and after use.
15. CrossFit Chilliwack has no customer self-serve drink stations, water dispensers and water fountains.
Please bring your own filled water bottles and take them with you when you leave.
Athletes are requested to refrain from doing High-Intensity Interval Training (HIIT) sessions and moderate their effort levels during this phase. Information on heart rate zone training has been provided and posted so members can moderate their efforts in keeping with this guideline.
In alignment with the Fitness Industry Council (FIC) and in support of the Provincial Health Officer (PHO), masks will be required while coaches and athletes are in the gym and while working out.
January 2, 2021